The inventory officer is responsible for preparing purchase orders, receiving deliveries, and monitoring stock levels of OTC items to prevent out of stock or overstock scenarios and ensure products are of the best quality at the best price.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage stock levels
- Prepare purchase orders for OTC items, and ensure approval of purchase orders
- Prepare purchase requisitions/notifications for prescription items
- Supervise physical delivery of items and receive items on the system
- Maintain daily stock records using computerized system
- Be responsible for, and check invoices against purchase orders
- Prepare monthly reports on adjustments to inventories, spoilt or damaged stock
- Price incoming goods accurately and print a goods receipt note with each invoice.
- Schedule quarterly stock count of top 20 products and reconcile physical stock with the stock in the system
- Prepare documents to be submitted for payment within 24hrs of receipt
- Stocking and restocking the shelves
- Access stock on a monthly basis and identify slow moving items to be discontinued.
- Research new products to be added to stock.
- Accurately record and remove expired/ spoiled products from the shelves for disposal or return.
- Minimize instances of expiration on the shelves by ensure no close dated products are accepted at receipt.
- Monitor and correct dispensing and cashing errors in stock
- Ensure stock adjustments are printed and signed and reviewed weekly. All downward adjustments are to be authorized by Supervisor.
- Ensure the bin locations on the pharmacy floor accurately correspond with locations on the system.
- Any other duties that maybe assigned in relation to the function.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Inventory Management, Accounting, or Logistics
- At least two (2) years working experience in a related area
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Good Team Player
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to take proper decision and action whenever any difficult situation arises.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail.
Applications along with resume should be sent by Wednesday, December 23, 2020, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.