The incumbent will participate as an integral member of the Andrews Memorial Hospital health care team by performing both quality diagnostic ultrasound and radiography examinations for our clients in a safe, efficient and professional manner and will be a part of an essential service team with the flexibility to ensure 24 hour coverage is delivered.
Role and Core Functions
- Use electronic sonogram equipment to perform a variety of routine and specialized ultrasound procedures,
- Perform general and/or specialized ultrasound procedures, reporting any unusual findings to the radiologist
- maintaining ultrasound equipment, and reporting any problems with equipment to the director of radiology
- assist clerical staff in scheduling patients for ultrasound examinations
- Obtain and document patient’s information and findings of the ultrasound examination
- Ensure patients comfortable throughout the ultrasound procedure
Academic qualifications and experience required for job
- Post Graduate Diploma/Degree in Diagnostic Ultrasonography
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the applicable field
- Registered with the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine.
- Keen sense of observation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope under extreme pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong organizational, creative thinking and analytical skills are essential
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.