The Director of Operations will oversee operational activities, manage personnel functions and oversee material resources for the Operations Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Operations is required to perform the following:
- Support the CEO in pursuit of the mission, vision, and in upholding the values of the organization.
- Liaise directly with Departmental Manager/Supervisor on a regular basis on leadership and operational matters.
- Provide direction in the preparation of the annual budgets for respective departments.
- Identify, prepare and implement developmental and revenue generation strategies for each department.
- Provide leadership to ensure and monitor departmental profitability against targets
- Make recommendations on policies and procedures to administration to improve efficiency, productivity and profitability in hospital operations
- Monitor departmental performance against budget on a monthly basis.
- Report and submit recommendations to Administration on a regular basis on departmental performance, challenges and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Conduct regular departmental staff meetings.
- Ensure that staff and customer issues are expeditiously addressed through management personnel.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation of managers and supervisors.
- Provide leadership in preventative maintenance and construction technologies for operational expansion
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- MBA or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Supervisory Management Certification
- 7-10 years progressive leadership experience in cost-center management in a for-profit business undertaking
- Training in Operations Management would be an asset
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High level of numeracy & computing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team building skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information
- Good time management skills
- Great team player
Other Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms and systems
- Strong knowledge of Financial Management, Financial forecasting, and Revenue generation
- Proven track record in not-for-profit management.
- Experience in a growth-oriented sales and marketing organization.
- Flexibility & ability to work with tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.