Successful candidates will be responsible for food preparation, sanitation duties, serving, attending to customers in the service line and ensuring all equipment are in place before the engagement of such activities, transportation of meals throughout the hospital and setting of patient trays. He/ She will also be responsible for ensuring their Food Handler’s Permit is current.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Preparing service area, prior to the time of serving.
- Assisting with the preparation of Raw Vegetables
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals
- Serving customers on the line.
- Transportation of meals to patients on the ward.
- Assisting with the transportation of trolleys to and from the wards
- Cleaning and washing up activities.
- Assisting with the setting of patient trays.
- Keeping the working area, kitchen, storage facilities and dining area clean and tidy in conformity with sanitary regulations and AMH policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of the kitchen equipment, utensils and machinery.
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers and stakeholders.
- Undertake other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate in Food Preparation from HEART and or at least three (3) years’ experience in the field.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Permit.
- · Certificate in catering desirable
- Training in Baking/ Pastry Making would be an asset.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions
This position requires you to be constantly moving, it includes a substantial amount of manual handling duties such as bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, cutting and standing for long periods. The working environment will often be hot and busy.
Flexibility is required since the incumbent may be required to work shifts outside of the 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. timeframe as well as weekends and public holidays.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Be a great team player.
- Be able to think critically.
- Have good personal hygiene.
- Be able and willing to multi-task.
- Be knowledgeable in food safety and hygiene.
- Willing to accept responsibility and follow instructions.
- Have basic knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Able to adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Be in general good health and have a high level of tolerance.
- Have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.