The successful candidate will work with a maintenance team and have responsibility for the general upkeep of the hospital’s electrical system. They will be required to inspect the premises regularly per maintenance schedule, conduct routine maintenance, perform repairs, and installations when necessary. They will also help the maintenance team in maintaining buildings, equipment, and grounds.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using hand tools and testing instruments to supply electrical power for lighting and equipment operation in the hospital.
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits and equipment
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, or testing lamp.
- Examines and tests such elements of systems as distribution panel, controls, circuit fixtures and motors to locate obvious faults such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, and worn motors.
- Installs and replaces electrical apparatus including switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures, and appliances.
- Cleans and service load center panel
- Assemble, install, and maintain electrical equipment’s
- Check security lightings
- Test run generators
- Replace defective blubs
- Check pumps
- Connect wiring to components
- Respond to maintenance job requests.
- Provides suggestions for equipment replacement.
- Writes electrical maintenance reports.
- Adheres to safety and performance standards.
- Mounts motors, transformer, lighting fixtures or other equipment into position and completes circuits, according to specifications.
- Estimates material needed and assists in sourcing if necessary
- Restores electrical connections to complete circuits.
- Installs new wiring and electrical machinery
- Assist other Maintenance Technicians (A/C Technicians and Plumbers)
- Performs a variety of duties in and around the buildings and grounds of the hospital in completing tasks.
- Assists by transporting materials and tools by hand or dolly and by performing tasks as directed.
- Repairs, cleans, lubricates, and stores maintenance tools and equipment.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned including general maintenance and basic construction work outside of the electrical field.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Certification from an approved institution (Electrical)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience as an Electrician
- Prior experience in a hospital environment would be an asset
Specific Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills
- Be willing to follow instructions
- Detail oriented
- Good knowledge of industrial/commercial electrical systems
- Good knowledge of building construction
- Must have good health and a high level of tolerance
- Good team player.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.