This is a managerial position that is responsible for the administration of all business applications that support the daily operations of the Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration functions including end user account management, technical support, system backups, operating system, hardware and application upgrades. The IT Manager will also be responsible for providing moderate to high level OS and application problem resolution, assisting in the development of system and IT procedures and monitoring performance and efficiency of IT resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install client and server hardware and software platforms and develop best practices for client and server management lifecycle including planning, installation, configuration, testing and deployment in production.
- Develop and execute automated deployment technologies for installation of client and server operating systems, client and server roles, applications and services as well as software updates.
- Plan, design and deploy services to build and maintain a Microsoft domain environment including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Windows DNS, Group Policy and related domain services.
- Maintain Corporate Firewall and Antivirus (McAfee Endpoint Protection)
- Manages business production databases
- Deploy and maintain server and network configuration and monitoring services as part of a proactive approach to server and system maintenance.
- Support the specification, installation, configuration and maintenance of network connectivity devices and services for optimum uptime and service levels.
- Develop and establish consistent processes, procedures and detailed documentation for system and functional testing, change management, review and approval, as well as deployment plans as required by projects.
- Proactively pursue new technologies that can benefit the organization by providing operational cost savings, increased efficiency, enhanced communication, etc. Present such technology proposals to management for appropriate internal review and approval.
- Part of on call rotation for 24×7 support for escalated problem resolution
Academic qualifications and experience and knowledge required for job:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution
- At least two(2) years experience in a similar position
- Experience in System Implementation
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server
- MCSE/A Certification will be an asset
- Experience with Avaya PBX system
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective communication and leadership skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Great team player.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, July 21, 2022, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.