The Laundry Attendant operates or tends to the washing machine, dryer, iron and mantel. The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting, sorting, washing, and ironing. He/she will also deliver linen to the respective departments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Laundry Attendant is required to perform the following:
- Collect and sort linen, gown and kitchen towels.
- Wash and disinfect linen and gowns
- Inspects linen before leaving the laundry to ensure that they are free from spots and/or stains and to determine any need for repair
- Iron or mantel articles
- Perform other related duties
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions
This job entails frequent standing, the occasional physical demands of washing by hand, and extended periods in the sun.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- At least the completion of primary or secondary school education
- Must be literate
- Should possess the ability to match or detect differences between colours, including shades of colour and brightness.
Specific Skills and Competencies Required
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have good health and a high level of tolerance to cope with standing and walking
- Good team player.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Tuesday, February 7, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.