The incumbent will prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. He/she should be able to measure, mix, and count out, label, and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenue by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- At least two (2) years experience as a pharmacy technician would be an asset
- Effective written and oral communication
- Professional and courteous
- Able to handle stressful/busy situations
- Problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Basic computer skills (Office suite, etc)
- Team player
- Able to maintain confidentiality, both of pharmacy policies and client data
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work flexible hours i.e. weekend and public holidays
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.