The successful candidates will be responsible for receiving and receipting payments from all patients, customers and staff. He/She will also be responsible for maintaining receipt files and posting receipts where appropriate. This position is production task oriented and must meet daily deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and receipt all payment for service provided to patients and customers.
- All items must be accurately priced and posted in the system and all appropriate charges for the various types of services offered accounted for, including bank charges for use of credit cards to make consultant’s payment.
- Handle general queries from customers and staff regarding prices and give accurate and concise information in a timely manner.
- Reconcile or balance cash on a daily basis before submission to Cashier Supervisor, clearly and accurately stating any discrepancies.
- Ensure safe custody of all cash collected
- Record payments received from patients for consultants and submit information to Cashier Supervisor
- Refer any unresolved issues to Cashier Supervisor, immediately or within 24 hours, so that speedy action can be taken.
- Comply will all cash receipting and handling policies of the department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job
- Associate Degree in Business Studies or related discipline
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar field
- Customer Service Training an asset
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to comprehend and comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, service oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to analyze data, work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including a professional and tactful approach
- Detail oriented with multi-tasking skills
- Great team player
- Good time management skills.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.