The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the work of the kitchen staff, and delegating tasks as necessary for efficient operations. He/She is also accountable for the cost, quality, consistency and variety of meals being prepared and served.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Overseeing the on-time preparation of healthy vegetarian meals for customers of the cafeteria.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and high standards of safety and sanitation.
- Planning monthly menus.
- Ensuring all meals are delicious and of the highest nutritional quality, presentation and consistency
- Ensuring proper quantities are prepared based on forecasted needs.
- Assisting in the costing of menu items.
- Forecasting the need for inventory items and authorizing purchase requisitions
- Ensuring equipments are handled safely and with reasonable care.
- Overseeing the cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends in vegetarian cuisine and training staff.
- Establishing and maintaining systems of control that prevent food waste and theft.
- To ensure an accurate record of inventory items, equipment and utensils are kept.
- Effectively supervises, schedules, trains, cross-trains, evaluates, coaches, and disciplines staff as appropriate and according to policy.
- Completes any other reasonable duties that may be assigned.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Hospitality and Tourism Management or relevant qualification.
- Professional Certification in specified field an asset.
- At least 5 CXC’s including Math and English, Food and Nutrition would be an asset
- Possess CFP (SOUS CHEF) Commercial Food Preparation Level 3 (NVQ) Certificate
- Training/experience in Supervisory Management an asset.
- At least 3 years professional experience in Commercial Food Preparation
- Knowledge of vegetarian food preparation an asset
- Experience working with commercial equipment
- Valid Food Handlers’ Permit.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions
- This position requires you to be constantly moving, it includes a substantial amount of manual handling duties such as bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, cutting and standing for long periods. The working environment will often be hot and busy.
- Flexibility is required since the incumbent may be required to work shifts outside of the 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. timeframe as well as weekends and public holidays.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to work in a team
- Self motivated and creative
- Critical Thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Able to adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
Application letter along with resume should be submitted as one document by Thursday, January 26, 2023, to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.